Here at the frontier, the leaves fall like rain. Although my neighbors are all barbarians, and you, you are a thousand miles away, there are still two cups at my table.


Ten thousand flowers in spring, the moon in autumn, a cool breeze in summer, snow in winter. If your mind isn't clouded by unnecessary things, this is the best season of your life.

~ Wu-men ~


Friday, May 30, 2014

Independance

“Come to the edge.' 'We can't. We're afraid.' 'Come to the edge.' 'We can't. We will fall!' 'Come to the edge.' And they came. And he pushed them. And they flew.”


Guillaume Apollinaire

2 comments:

tao1776 said...

It is amazing to me that months away from turning sixty I still struggle with some the same fears that I did when I was twenty. I thought somehow that that would change. My response may change but the fear of standing on the edge does not.

Rick Matz said...

It's funny how somethings don't change.